Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Jenn recommends....

Teen librarian Jenn says:

"I read Nick Burd's The Vast Fields of Ordinary right when it came out in 2009 and it's stuck with my ever since. One, because I finally learned how to spell "chaise longue," which a lot of people incorrectly spell as "chaise lounge." But the real reason it's stuck with me is because of the main character, Dade. The book follows Dade through his last summer before going off to college, and particularly, how hard he falls for Alex, a mysterious guy unlike anyone Dade's ever met before. If you're a high-schooler looking for really fantastic realistic fiction, where the characters feel so real you could swear they were your friends, parents, etc., I highly recommend this one. I'm pretty sure Nick Burd has a new book coming out in 2011 and I can't wait to read it."

No comments: